The 15th International Conference on Communication in Healthcare & the Health Literacy Annual Research Conference 2017 will feature research, education, and teaching innovations in communication in healthcare.
International Conference on Communication in Healthcare & Health Literacy Annual Research Conference
8-11 October 2017
Baltimore Waterfront Marriott
Call for Abstracts, Workshops, Symposia and Special Interest Groups
Deadline: Monday 27 March 2017
Notification of Acceptance: Mid-June 2017
Click here to enter the submission site.
We would like to invite you to submit scientific abstracts and proposals for workshops, symposia, and special interest groups. The ICCH & HARC aim to create a learning community that fosters scholarship and interprofessional collaboration to advance knowledge and innovation in communication in healthcare and relationship-centred care. We welcome abstracts and proposals from all health-related disciplines and health professions (nurses, physicians, pharmacists, social workers, therapists, counsellors, community health workers, etc.).
Prospective authors can submit abstracts and proposals through our electronic submission process. We encourage submissions from educators, researchers and learners from all healthcare fields. Please click here for detailed guidelines and selection criteria for scientific abstracts, workshops, symposia, and special interest group submissions.
Submission categories at this year’s ICCH & HARC include:
- Assessing clinical communication skills
- Basic and applied communication research in healthcare
- Communication and emotion
- Communication in quality and safety
- Communication technology, e-learning, serious gaming, and social media
- Cross-cultural communication
- Health behaviour change
- Health equity and social justice
- Health literacy and numeracy
- Humanities, ethics and professionalism
- Information-gathering and clinical reasoning
- Language discordant care and use of interpreters
- Linguistics and sociolinguistic
- Patient and family caregiver engagement in the communication processes of care
- Patient participation and empowerment
- Patient decision aids
- Patient perspectives
- Psychophysiology and communication
- Research methodology
- Risk communication
- Shared decision-making
- Teaching clinical communication skills
- Team and inter-professional communication
- Underserved populations and health disparities
- Other communication-related topics
Visit www.AACHonline.org for more conference information!
6th February 2017