Welcome to the pEACH pages of this website. Here you will find detailed information regarding the activities of this subcommittee within EACH. Please, be reminded that not all pages are available to non-members. Should you have specific queries, contact Peter or Sarah. Thank you for visiting!
Overview of pEACH
The pEACH committee was born in 2015 from the acknowledgement within EACH that the generation of high quality research and teaching, generally in University settings, was not coupled by sufficient change in clinical practice settings and healthcare policies. Our mission is: “To ensure the high quality of healthcare for our communities is underpinned by policy and clinical practice that is informed by existing evidence regarding healthcare communication”.
Aims and Objectives
pEACH’s activities are expected to:
- Inform key stakeholders within health, both internal and external to EACH, and the academic community that generates healthcare communication evidence;
- Translate current academic evidence into mainstream health practice;
- Influence existing and future health policy;
- Increase our understanding on how to implement this evidence into clinical practice;
- Increase the health service research focus to enable us to translate this knowledge to clinical contexts;
- Speak to the clinical workforce in a way that is relevant to their everyday clinical context & practice;
- Ensure these quality improvements are sustainable to drive & create meaningful culture change.
More specifically, the committee’s action strategy is aimed at utilising evidence to develop specific action plans that can be effective in translating existing evidence to organisation’s structures and processes. In order to more effectively achieve this goal, we aim at developing a range of robust outcome measures that will demonstrate the impact of such initiatives and encourage investment in healthcare communication.
Professor of Clinical Communication and End of Life Care
Centre for Organisational Change in Person-Centred Healthcare
School of Medicine, Faculty of Health
Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
Locked Bag 20000
Geelong Victoria 3220 Australia
Assistant Professor of Linguistics
Department of Linguistic Sciences and Foreign Literatures
Catholic University of the Sacred Heart
Largo Gemelli, 1
20123 Milano – Italy