The yEACH network aims to connect and support all early career individuals within EACH whether they are researchers, educators or clinicians.
In 2008, rEACH invited a group of early career investigators to a pre-conference workshop in Oslo to present interests, current projects, and future ideas of collaborative work. The meeting was a success and in the years after, several other early career research groups were formed during Summer Schools and pre-conference workshops. The benefits of a supportive environment within EACH, where early career investigators can connect with colleagues and work on ideas together, led to the development of the yEACH network in May 2013, with the support of rEACH. Today, yEACH is no longer exclusive to researchers, but open to all early career individuals in the field of healthcare communication.
yEACH Network Aims
1. To stimulate networking between early career individuals in the field of healthcare communication who are located in different institutions and countries.
2. To promote a friendly and supportive environment where members can share ideas and receive constructive feedback.
3. To foster collaboration between early career individuals at different institutions and countries.
4. To facilitate the interaction between early career and more experienced members of EACH, both for mentoring and to transfer vision and expertise within the organization.
The yEACH network is open to any active member of EACH who is within ten years of starting their academic research and/or teaching career within healthcare communication.
Since 2012, members from yEACH and the yEACH Committee have organised pre-conference workshops and social events for early career individuals to network in an informal setting at the International Conference on Communication in Healthcare (ICCH), and have been involved in the organisation of the rEACH Summer School for early career investigators.
Committee Members and Contact Details
- Chair: Eirik Ofstad (Nordland Hospital, Norway)
- Chair-Elect: Danielle Blanch Hartigan (Bentley University, US)
- Past Chair: Kimberly Gudzune (Johns Hopkins University, US)
- Secretary: Mara van Beusekom (University of St Andrews, UK & Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands)
- Secretary-Elect: Kasey Boehmer (Mayo Clinic, US)
- rEACH/yEACH Liaison: Caitlin Grenness (University of Melbourne, Australia)
- tEACH/yEACH Liaison: Tabor Flickinger (University of Virginia, US)
Also, do not forget so sign up for our Facebook group: Young EACH network