Core curriculum group
To outline the content of a core communication curriculum (What to Teach) suitable for all professional groups undergoing undergraduate training in health related subjects.
The subgroup has devised, developed, translated and published the following paper: ‘A European consensus on learning objectives for a core communication curriculum in health care professions’
The Health Professions Core Communication Curriculum (HPCCC) is an international consensus statement based on previous national statements, existing literature, and a Delphi consensus process based on feedback from 121 communication experts from 15 professional fields and 16 European countries. The statement aims to guide communication teachers in all health care disciplines helping them to develop, refine and evaluate what should be taught as part of their own communication curriculum.
Future work of this group will focus on:
- Further translations of the HPCCC into other languages for use in non-English speaking countries
- Dissemination of the HPCC throughout Europe
- Research on using the HPCC in different institutions, countries and with different professional groups
Members of EACH can also find the link to the HPCCC on the webpage Curriculum models. The HPCCC can serve as a guide to communication teachers in all health care disciplines in developing, refining and evaluating curriculum.
- Cadja Bachmann, Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Medical Education, University of Bern, Switzerland, firstname.lastname@example.org (main contact)
- Afonso Miguel Cavaco, Department of Social Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Lisbon, Portugal email@example.com
- Carmen Barbu, Department of Endocrinology, Elias Hospital, Carol Davila University Bucharest, Romania firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rosario Dago Elorza, Primary Care Paediatrician, Madrid, Spain email@example.com
- Elizabete Loureiro, Center for Medical Education, Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto, Portugal firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sandra Winterburn, Norwich Medical School, University of East Anglia, Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom email@example.com
- Anna Ratajska, Institute of Psychology, Kazimierz Wielki University Bydgoszcz, Poland firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for short bios on group members.