The first Healthcare Communications in the Middle East conference is taking place at Weill Cornell Medicine – Qatar, in Doha, Qatar, on March 27-28, 2020.
Qualitative and quantitative research papers, case studies, country reports, full sessions, thought papers, and theoretical discussions are requested on the following topics:
- Breaking bad news to patients
- Language issues or cultural differences in the workplace
- Talking about sensitive health and moral issues with patients
- Getting the right information from the patient (history taking)
- Talking to specific groups: elderly, children, people with disabilities, etc.
- Electronic medical record problems and electronic communications
- Referrals to other facilities or specialists
- Patient understanding of their illness (health literacy)
- Communication with colleagues
- Communication with managers/supervisors
- Provider-patient relations
- Organizational/institutional communication
- Keeping up to date and access to medical news and latest research
- Communicating public health issues
- Team-based communication
- Social media use in healthcare
Submissions (20 minute oral presentations, posters, complete panels of 3 papers) will be accepted until December 15, 2019
- The conference language is English
- Laptop and projector will be available for presentation
- All abstracts will be blind peer reviewed and published in the program
- Full details on poster preparation will be posted shortly
The conference will be valuable for clinicians, nurses, patient advocates, counsellors, healthcare administrators, medical educators, policy makers, allied health professionals, translators, and language specialists in the Middle East region, or international participants interested in delivering culturally sensitive care and forging international collaborations.
This event is supported by Weill Cornell Medicine – Qatar and the Qatar Tourism Authority and endorsed by the International Association for Communication in Healthcare (EACH).
Full submission and conference details are available here.
Abstract Submission Deadline: December 15, 2019
Notification of Acceptance: January 16, 2020
Author Confirmation of Attendance: January 31, 2020
Program Published: February 7, 2020
Registration / Payment Deadline: March 12, 2020
Conference Date: March 27-28, 2020