We are delighted to invite you to join the 18th International Conference on Communication in Healthcare. We are developing an exciting, interactive platform to host a diverse programme of sessions online this September 2020, followed by a dynamic, in-person event planned for April 2021.
Healthcare professionals from across the globe with a passion for improving communication will be showcasing current healthcare communication innovations in research, teaching, policy and practice. With an environment bespoke to EACH, the contemporary online format aims to create a setting that not only champions scholarship, but also fosters interaction and encourages exchange among participants.
Content will relate to all healthcare professions, creating a diverse and inclusive programme which we hope will be relevant to our entire community.
The current COVID-19 pandemic has notably been affecting healthcare systems and communication. Many of you have been working on new methods, strategies and areas of research which we hope will be shared with fellow professionals this Autumn. As such, we are opening the call for orals and posters related to COVID-19 topics. Abstracts must be submitted by Thursday 25 June 2020 and will be considered if they include at least preliminary evaluation or outcome data.
The full conference programme accessible via the online platform will support the following;
- Plenary presentations with live Q&A
- Oral presentations, including innovative technology, works in progress and symposia, with viewable PowerPoint slides and opportunity for interactive Q&A
- Workshops, allowing active discussion and development of practical skills through breakout activities and group discussion
- Roundtables, promoting knowledge advancement and inter-professional collaboration through facilitated discussions
- ePoster exhibition, which can be viewed at leisure with the option to submit questions to authors or hear their poster pitch
- Networking sessions, allowing time to catch-up with colleagues from around the world!
Although we cannot meet in-person under current conditions, we hope to ‘see’ many of you digitally and look forward to meeting face-to-face next Spring to share more of the ICCH submissions and strengthen our new virtual connections.
Conference Planning Committee
Cadja Bachmann – Chair of the Planning Committee
Marcy Rosenbaum – EACH President-Elect
Evelyn van Weel-Baumgarten – EACH Past President
Marlene Sator – Local host & pEACH representative
Astrid Loidolt – Local host
Lode Verreyen – Chair of EACH Networking & EACH Advisory Committee
Marij Hillen – rEACH representative
Eva Doherty – tEACH representative
Shak Rehman – pEACH representative
Julia Amann – yEACH representative
Eva Maria Bitzer – National Representative
Russell Rothman – ACH representative
Keta Hunt – SAS Event & Association Management